AUREA4RURAL aims to create an innovative digital augmented reality platform (Smartphone APP) for the rural tourism sector along with training materials according to the tasks of the staff working in these sector: managers of Natural Parks, rural hotels, restaurants, companies providing leisure activities, culture or environment departments from rural towns and villages and visitors. From this main objective, several specific objectives are defined:
- SO1. To identify and understand competences and needs of rural tourism´s employees and professionals in the use of digital tools for information and promotion of the sector.
- SO2. To create a tourism product for the interpretation of a location as selected by the tourist.
- SO3. To develop an e-learning platform considering the needs identified and focused on the target group elected.
- SO4. To enhance the integration of AR in learning and training and support learners and educational staff in improving the use of ICT and digital competences.
- SO5. To promote open access to learning content addressing rural tourism sector in line with individual’s needs and expectations, reducing skills mismatches.
- SO6. Capacity Building in the rural tourism sector: Establishing a stable and active Strategic Partnership that will promote active cooperation among enterprises, professional organisations and local/Regional Bodies to support high quality VET with a strong work based learning component.
AURea4RURAL will enhance opportunities for cooperation between VET and economic actors, boosting initiatives among stakeholders and the transfer of knowledge in these sectors.